REDCap is the ICTS's preferred data management tool. Developed by programmers at Vanderbilt University, REDCap is a reliable and secure web-based application that allows you to better manage your research team's data collection process from start to finish. REDCap features allow you to
- Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely - Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
- Be fast and flexible - Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages - Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Create Ad Hoc Reports - Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Schedule and organize - Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link - Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print - Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Use advanced features - Auto-validation, calculated fields, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Any University of Iowa investigator or research team can use REDCap.