Browse by Investigator Last Name
- A (115)
- B (157)
- C (119)
- D (96)
- E (34)
- F (76)
- G (74)
- H (121)
- I (16)
- J (108)
- K (116)
- L (93)
- M (131)
- N (37)
- O (24)
- P (59)
- Q (4)
- R (101)
- S (291)
- T (56)
- U (6)
- V (25)
- W (110)
- X (6)
- Y (18)
- Z (12)
Siegfried JanzProfessor, Pathology
Contact InformationPhone: +1 319 384 2869
Web: Research Laboratory
EducationMaster of Medicine (Dipl.-Med), University of Leipzig Medical School, Germany
Residency, Clinical Immunology, University of Leipzig Medical School, Germany
Medical Translator Training Program, University of Leipzig Medical School, Germany
MD, Thesis Program, University of Leipzig Medical School, Germany
DSc, Dr. med. habil., University of Leipzig Medical School, Germany
Centers and Program AffiliationsInterdisciplinary Graduate Program in Immunology
MeSH Terms from Publications
Research SummarySiegfried Janz’ primary research interest concerns mouse models of human B-cell and plasma-cell neoplasms, such as Burkitt's lymphoma, Waldenström's macroglobulinemia and multiple myeloma. Relying in part on gene-insertion mice that mimic three different fine structures of the human MYC-activating t(8;14)(q24;q32) translocation, his laboratory has recapitulated important features of human B-lineage tumors in compound transgenic mice.
- LeGrand, J, Park, ES, Wang, H, Gupta, S, Owens Jr, JD, Nelson, PJ, DuBois, W, Bair, T, Janz, S, Mushinski, JF. Global gene expression profiling in mouse plasma cells tumor precursor and bystander cells reveals potential intervention targets for plasma cell neoplasia. Blood 119(4):1018-1028, 2012.
- Lee, EC, Fitzgerald, M, Bannerman, B, Donelan, J, Bano, K, Terkelsen, J, Bradley, DP, Subakan, O, Silva, MD, Liu, R, Pickard, M, Li, Z, Tayber, O, Li, P, Hales, P, Carsillo, M, Neppalli, VT, Berger, AJ, Kupperman, E, Manfredi, M, Bolen, JB, Van Ness, B, Janz, S. Antitumor activity of the investigational proteasome inhibitor MLN9708 in mouse models of B-cell and plasma cell malignancies. Clinical Cancer Research 17(23):1-11, 2011.
- Kupperman, E, Lee, E, Fitzgerald, M, Liu, R, Terkelsen, J, Bradley, D, Bannerman, B, Babcock, T, Hu, L, Hynes, J, Neppalli, V, Pickard, M, Li, Z, Tayber, O, Li, P, Silva, M, Berger, A, Silverman, L, Manfredi, M, van Ness, B, Janz, S. THE ANTITUMOR ACTIVITY OF MLN9708 IN GENETICALLY ENGINEERED MOUSE MODELS OF PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCY. HAEMATOLOGICA-THE HEMATOLOGY JOURNAL 95(null):180-180, JUN 2010.
- Takizawa, M, Kim, J S, Tessarollo, L, McNeil, N, Waldschmidt, T J, Casellas, R, Ried, T, Janz, S. Genetic reporter system for oncogenic Igh-Myc translocations in mice. Oncogene 29(28):4113-20, 2010. [PubMed]
- Zingone, A, Cultraro, C M, Shin, D, Bean, C M, Morse, H C, Janz, S, Kuehl, W M. Ectopic expression of wild-type FGFR3 cooperates with MYC to accelerate development of B-cell lineage neoplasms. Leukemia 24(6):1171-8, 2010. [PubMed]
- Zhang, W, Kater, A, Widhopf, G, Chuang, H, Enzler, T, James, D, Poustovoitov, M, Tseng, P, Janz, S, Hoh, C, Herschman, H, Karin, M, Kipps, T. B-cell activating factor and v-Myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (c-Myc) influence progression of chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107(44):18956-60, 2010. [PubMed]
- de Jong, D, Janz, S. Anaplastic plasmacytoma of mouse--establishing parallels between subtypes of mouse and human plasma cell neoplasia. J Pathol 221(3):242-7, 2010. [PubMed]
- Schüler, F, Dölken, L, Hirt, C, Kiefer, T, Berg, T, Fusch, G, Weitmann, K, Hoffmann, W, Fusch, C, Janz, S, Rabkin, C, Dölken, G. Prevalence and frequency of circulating t(14;18)-MBR translocation carrying cells in healthy individuals. Int J Cancer 124(4):958-63, 2009. [PubMed]
- Janz, S, Van Ness, BG, Neppalli, V, Liu, R, Pickard, MD, Terkelsen, J, Bradley, D, Hu, L, Kupperman, E, Manfredi, M, Lee, E. The Novel Proteasome Inhibitor MLN9708 Demonstrates Efficacy in a Genetically-Engineered Mouse Model of DeNovo Plasma Cell Malignancy.. BLOOD 114(22):1480-1480, NOV 20 2009.
- Lee, E, Bannerman, B, Fitzgerald, M, Terkelsen, J, Bradley, D, Li, Z, Li, P, Janz, S, Van Ness, BG, Manfredi, M, Kupperman, E. MLN9708 Elicits Pharmacodynamic Response in the Bone Marrow Compartment and Has Strong Antitumor Activity in a Preclinical Intraosseous Model of Plasma Cell Malignancy. BLOOD 114(22):728-728, NOV 20 2009.