Browse by Investigator Last Name
- A (115)
- B (157)
- C (119)
- D (95)
- E (34)
- F (76)
- G (74)
- H (121)
- I (16)
- J (108)
- K (116)
- L (93)
- M (131)
- N (37)
- O (24)
- P (59)
- Q (4)
- R (101)
- S (291)
- T (56)
- U (6)
- V (25)
- W (110)
- X (6)
- Y (18)
- Z (12)
Miles WeinbergerThis person no longer has an active appointment with the University of Iowa.
EducationBA, University of Pittsburgh
MD, Medicine, University of Pittsburgh
Internship, Pediatrics, University of California Medical Center at San Francisco
Fellowship, Perinatal Research Associate, National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke
Fellowship, Allergy and Immunology, National Jewish Hospital and Research Center
Fellowship, Clinical Pharmacology, Colorado Medical Center
Research Interestsasthma, corticosteroid, corticosteroids for asthma, cystic fibrosis, habit cough syndrome, health care, pediatrics, pharmacology, respiratory disease, theophylline
MeSH Terms from Publications
Research SummaryMy research interests have been in the clinical pharmacology of drugs used for respiratory disease, especially asthma. Previous research had focused heavily of the pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, and clinical use of theophylline, corticosteroids, andinhaled beta2 agonists in the management of chronic asthma. My current research interests relate to health care delivery and outcomes of asthma management. Additional research interests relate to idenfication of clinical syndromes often misdiagnosied as asthma, i.e., pseudoasthma.
- Kompare M, Weinberger M. Protracted bacterial bronchitis in young children: association with airway malacia. J Pediatr 2012;160:88-92.
- Weinberger M. The habit cough syndrome and its variations. Lung 2012;190:45-53.
- Weinberger M. When asthma is not asthma. Clin Pulm Med September 2011;18(5):207-214.
- Weinberger M. Systemic corticosteroids should be used for pre-school children with virus-induced wheezing. Paediatric Respiratory Reviews 2010; 11 (Supplement 1): S19-21.
- Weinberger M. Editorial: Can we prevent exacerbations of asthma caused by common cold viruses? J Allergy Clin Immunol 2010;126:770-1.
- Weinberger M, Abu-Hasan M. Perceptions and pathophysiology of dyspnea and exercise intolerance. Ped Clinics N America 2009;56:33-48.
- Weinberger M. Seventeen years of asthma guidelines: why hasn't the outcome improved for children? J Pediatr 2009;154,(6):786-788.
- Weinberger M. Cough misdiagnosed as asthma. Recent advances in Paediatrics 2009;25:3-14.
- Doshi D, Weinberger M. Experience with cyclosporine in children with chronic idiopathic urticaria. Pediatric Dermatology 2009;26;409-413.
Weinberger M. Pediatric asthma and related allergic and non-allergic diseases: patient-oriented evidence based essentials that matter. Pediatric Health 2008;2(5):631-650.